This cheap foldable pocket FPV camera quadcopter can be taken and flown just about anywhere to get those all important selfie shots 😉 Buy it here http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_568643.html?lkid=10223829 and here is the Dobby which this is imitating http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363447.html?lkid=10223995
But take the marketing videos that you may have seen for the JJRC H37 with a grain of salt. This is not a GPS equipped, HD camera, follow me drone like the Dobby. It’s a $42 toy quadcopter, and is equipped accordingly. If you keep this in mind, then you might not be disappointed.
– Foldable and very portable.
– Easy to setup and fly. Especially using G-sensor control with headless mode.
– Tilting lens 720 x 576p camera, and can be flown with the camera pointed toward you using headless mode for those selfie shots.
– It’s relatively inexpensive compared to the quadcopters that it’s imitating.
– This quadcopter does not come with any directions at all in the box But it’s very simple to figure out. Just use the above video review to get you started
– Low resolution 720p x 576 camera.
– There is no microSD card slot on the quadcopter. Video is instead recorded to your phone over WiFi, with resulting lag and freeze issues normally seen with WiFi FPV video.
– No separate controller is available for this. Can only be controlled using WiFi through your phone.
– The official “JJRC” app is not very useful with this quadcopter. Some of the features of the JJRC app are inoperative, most notably G-sensor control. BUT the free and very similar app “WiFi-UFO” does work with this perfectly. “WiFi-UFO” is available on Google Play here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lewei.multiple.lewei&hl=en and iTunes here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-ufo/id977558457?mt=8
– WiFi FPV
Its 720P camera allows you to get great selfies effortlessly (again it’s real resolution is really only 720 x 576p, and may actually be interpolated from a 640 x 480p image sensor) . The 100m control distance offers you the awesome bird’s-eye view. (Unfortunately I did not confirm the 100m range, but this would be very dependent on the strength of the WiFi signal from your particular phone)
– Headless Mode
In this mode, the drone flies to any direction you want even though you do not know its orientation.
– One Key Return
After flying the drone for a long time, you can relax a little bit by using this function to make it return to the home point.
– Aerial Show
It is capable of carrying out 360-degree rotations towards various directions with amazing agility.
– G-sensor Control
The G-sensor mode enables the small quadcopter to automatically follow the way you move your smartphone.
Package Contents: 1 x RC Drone, 1 x Battery, 1 x USB Charging Cable, 4 x Spare Propeller
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.